Ironworkers Local 765 History
Ironworkers and Rodmen Local 765 was granted Charter from the International Association of Bridge Structural and Reinforcing Ironworkers in May 1955 starting with 27 Charter members who transferred from Toronto Local 721. Due to strong leadership of the Business Managers, Presidents and Business Agents who have led the Local, we currently sit at 678 active and proud members.
After renting office space until 1982, Local 765 purchased their first Union Hall and stayed there until the summer of 2011 when they acquired their first Training Center to benefit the membership. The Training Center currently has 12 welding booths, a broderson, telescopic forklift and an elevated work platform to further the education of its members.
2012 brought along another milestone when we were granted certification by the Canadian Welding Bureau as a certified testing facility.
In 2014, we earned the prestigious Eagle Award from the International for our continuing efforts to supply the membership and contractors with the best trained Ironworkers and Rodmen.
In 2015 we also held our first Local apprenticeship competition and hosted our first ever Ontario Provincial Competition in 2015.